Welcome!

Here are some thoughts and updates on our Holy Land Trip - March 8-19, 2010

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday morning, March 20, back home in Modesto

We are home! After 18 hours on a plane, we arrived in San Francisco at 9:30 AM on Friday morning. Thankfully we were able to sleep on the plane. I was also able to finish reading a book I had started on the plane ride over. We also watched a few movies.


Once we got home, we were able to pick up our kids from school. Our kids had made a “Welcome Back” sign and along with Grandpa and Grandma bought an “edible arrangement” – a delicious fruit array. We shared a few gifts with our family that we

picked up for them in Israel. Lori and I struggled to stay awake through the afternoon and evening, but we had a great night of sleep last night.


We thank God for the experience that we have had over the last few weeks. We are also so thankful that God answered our prayers and helped the time away from our kids go so well. My parents did a great job with the kids. All we heard were great reports about the kids while we were gone.

This will be my last blog about the trip. However, in the next few days I will try to post some of the audio from our tour guide, Frances Oppenheimer, and our seminary professor, Dan Wallace. During our trip I recorded their comments, particularly the ones that related to biblical history. Mainly for the other 40 people in our bus, I thought I would post the “Best of Dan and Frances” on my blog to remind us of the great information that Dan and Frances passed along to us.

Thank you for your prayers during our trip. It truly was an experience that we will never forget!